Department of Psychology
The M.A. in Clinical Psychology aims to train professionals who will be able to apply their knowledge and competence in the area of mental and psychological health, as a public service, or to prepare them to pursue a doctoral degree.
- To equip the students with a broad knowledge of prominent theories and principles of human development as well as a competence in the use of psychological techniques and skills concerned with psychological adjustment individuals.
- To inculcate in the students the clinical insight and the discipline that will develop their self-confidence in facing varied human realities, especially in people in distress.
- To equip the students with scientific discipline in the practice of clinical psychology as well as the necessary scientific tools for further research into the kinds of problems to which psychotherapy can be applied.
The M.A. in Psychology programs with concentration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Social Psychology aim to develop competent and effective individuals who can respond to and satisfy the present and future needs of different individuals and organizations especially in the region.
- To deepen the exposure of students to the various theories, methods, techniques and principles of psychology that is practical and relevant in different types of organizations including business and industry both in the private and public sectors.
- To develop highly trained professionals equipped with strong scientific framework for teaching, research, and practice in psychology for different types of organizations.
- To encourage students to harness skills and attitudes necessary for engaging in original research.